This Thursday, Sept. 09, at 7pm, you are invited to share your thoughts regarding the direction and priorities of the Black Lives Matter Interfaith Coalition. In less than a year, the BLMIC has grown to include 40 diverse faith communities and justice organizations. This growth of support tells us the message of BLACK LIVES MATTER remains a critical and viable social justice issue. We will meet virtually this Thursday at 7pm, with co-sponsors and supporters, and lay-out a plan, with a mission statement and goals for the next 12 months. To accomplish this, we need you at the virtual planning table. While the BLMIC planning team has an important role, but by itself, it isn’t much of a BLM movement without the hundreds of supporters who gather to state with passion and commitment; BLACK LIVES MATTER!
We hope this email message is clear…
WE NEED TO HEAR YOUR VOICES…WE NEED TO HEAR YOUR CONCERNS and IDEAS…HELP US GIVE DIRECTION AND PURPOSE TO THE BLMIC MOVEMENT!
- The Zoom meeting will break us into small groups with plenty if time to discuss the proposed BLMIC Mission Statement and operating goals.
- Listen to and discuss the small group corrections and additions.
- Discuss the role of the 40 BLMIC co-sponsors
- BLMIC Planning Team chooses to increase its membership with emphasis on strengthening its diversity. Consider stepping up and joining the planning team.
- Discuss the commitment to hold BLMIC rallies; frequency and locations. Next BLM rally is set for Sunday, 09/19/21 from 1:30-2:30pm.
- Other issues that surface from the small group discussions.