UNIVERSITY OF RHODE ISLAND
online international nonviolence summer institute 2021
register at: https://bit.ly/3dj4zzs
2021 summer institute
3 DAY INTRODUCTORY CORE WORKSHOP: JUNE 11-13
5 DAY INTRODUCTORY CORE WORKSHOP & PREPARATION FOR FACILITATOR TRAINING: JUNE 11-15
2 DAY PREPARATION (OFFERED TO 2020 PARTICIPANTS): JUNE 14-15
The nation’s leading Kingian Nonviolence training institute for over 20 years!
This year the 22nd Annual International Nonviolence Summer Institute 2021 will be a 3 or 5-day remote nonviolence training and conference experience! Join our excellent trainers and participants from all over the world for a memorable and unique program!
3-Day Kingian Nonviolence and Conflict Reconciliation Workshop (Friday, June 11 -Sunday, June 13, from 12:00 PM – 5:30 PM (US Eastern Time).
The 3-Day Kingian Nonviolence and Conflict Reconciliation Workshop is an Introduction to Kingian Nonviolence Conflict Reconciliation (15 hrs 3-day Core Training Online) accompanied by 16 Modules of in-depth study of the philosophy and methodology of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.’s approach to personal transformation and social change.
5-Day Kingian Nonviolence and Conflict Reconciliation Training (Friday, June 11 -Tuesday, June 15, from 12:00 PM – 5:30 PM (US Eastern Time).
The 5-Day Kingian Nonviolence and Conflict Reconciliation Workshop includes an Introduction to Kingian Nonviolence Conflict Reconciliation (15 hrs 3-day Core Training Online) accompanied by 16 Modules of in-depth study of the philosophy and methodology of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.’s approach to personal transformation and social change. The final two days focus on preparation to become a Kingian Nonviolence Training Facilitator.
2-Day Kingian Nonviolence Facilitator Preparation Training (Monday, June 14 -Tuesday, June 15, from 12:00 PM – 5:30 PM (US Eastern Time).
We offer the 2-Day Kingian Nonviolence Facilitator Preparation Training to those who already finished their 3-Day Kingian Nonviolence and Conflict Reconciliation Workshop in 2020 or prior and work toward their Level 1 Kingian Nonviolence Training of Trainers Certification. This program includes Kingian Nonviolence worship content reviews and debriefings.
For more information:
D.R. Congo, Founder, Congo Peace School
Jammu, India, Gandhian Studies Program
Pakistan, Dir., Basic Education & Employable Skill Training
Thailand, Nonviolence Trainer & Educator
California, Asst. Dir., Public Service Center, Brought nonviolence to UC Berkeley
what participants tell us…
- “this training has been very transformative and i feel like i’m empowered with knowledge and energy to share with others.”
- “the six nonviolence principles were the most important lessons i learned. they embody how we should act and react to people and situations. i think if everyone applied these principles to their lives then we would live in a more peaceful and nonviolent community.”
- “the most important lesson of the training for me is that peace is strategic, and requires a great deal of training and understanding.”
- “the training helped me to understand the value and impact of nonviolence when addressing injustice. nonviolence is not simple or easy to achieve, but the solutions are likely to last longer. facing resistance will take courage, personal commitment and a lot of direct action.”
- “no matter how many rough times may be in my future, i have hope that with my newly gained skills of mindfulness, conflict resolution, compassion and empathy for others, i can live a happy and peaceful life.”
- “the summer institute has been an amazing experience in my life. with all the intensive learning, i made friends and developed a strong network of folks, who believe in the idea of peace and beloved community. this sense of association will remain with me and last the rest of my life.”
Rhode Island, Initiated Peace Center at N. Prov. High School
Connecticut, URI Dissertation on Nonviolence
Rhode Island, Peace Corps and nonviolence trainer in Ethiopia.
Connecticut, Founded Nonviolence Center at Greenwich Academy School
N. Carolina, Prof., School for Conflict Analysis & Resolution
One thought on “Nonviolence: the antidote to the pandemic of violence – international nonviolence summer institute 2021”
Together, we can foster a non-violent world!