NATO turns 70 this year, and along with our European friends, U.S. peace activists are throwing a Counter-Summit to “uncelebrate” the birthday.
What will Trump’s next foreign and military policy fiasco be? Along with Venezuela, Iran, his Pentagon Budget, new nuclear weapons and trade wars with Europe, Japan and China, the gathering of NATO leaders to celebrate the antiquated and now global military alliance’s 70th anniversary should be high on our list.
Please join a remarkable array of international movement leaders for the April 2 Counter Summit in Washington, D.C. Speakers will include:
- Medea Benjamin and Ann Wright, just back from Iran
- Rev. Graylan Hagler, leading justice advocate in Washington, D.C.
- Reiner Braun, Kate Hudson, Lucas Wirl, Kristine Karch, Alexander Neu (MEP) and Alain Rouy, European peace movement leaders.
- Anna Ochkina of the Institute of Globalization and Social Movements in Moscow
- Phyllis Bennis of IPS, Peter Kuznick of American University, Kevin Martin of Peace Action, Bruce Gagnon of the Global Network Against Weapons and Nuclear Power in Space, Joseph Gerson of AFSC & CPDCS, and others.