Hands off Venezuela! No Coup, No Sanctions, No War Protest US agression against Venezuela
The pro-U.S. opposition leader Juan Guaido has declared himself president of Venezuela, and President Trump emmediatly recognized him as the legitimate president as opposed to the democratically elected Nicolás Maduro Moros. This is nothing less than a U.S.-sponsored coup – Washington’s idea of bringing “democracy” to a country that refuses to surrender to the U.S. goal of dominating the region. And Trump has already raised the possibility of invading Venezuela,
Please sign the petition from the Alliance for Global Justice to oppose interference in Venezuela: sign here.
Join a protest: click here for list of protests
Add your event to the list of protests: click here
Mass Mobilization to Oppose NATO, War & Racism
Protest NATO, Washington, DC, Lafayette Park (across from the White House)
1 PM Saturday, March 30, 2019.
Additional actions will take place on Thursday April 4 at the opening of the NATO meeting
April 4, 2019, will mark the 51st anniversary of the assassination of the Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr., the internationally revered leader in struggles against racism, poverty and war.
And yet, in a grotesque desecration of Rev. King’s lifelong dedication to peace, this is the date that the military leaders of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization have chosen to celebrate NATO’s 70th anniversary by holding its annual summit meeting in Washington, D.C. This is a deliberate insult to Rev. King and a clear message that Black lives and the lives of non-European humanity really do not matter.
A mass demonstration has been called to protest NATO coming to DC on March 30, 2019 at 1 PM in Lafayette Park, across from the White House. Please join us. Other events have also been called during that week, For more information and to endorse the action: http://no2nato2019.org.
Please make a donation: http://no2nato2019.org/campaigns/support-no2nato2019-mobilization-in-washington-dc/
Join and share the Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/487410295119547/
Tweet about the event with hashtag: #no2nato.
To download the flyer for the rally: click here
A Call for International Actions on the 5th Memorial Day of the Attack on the House of Trade Unions in Odessa, Ukraine. International Protests have been called
May 2, 2019, will mark five years since a right-wing mob attack on the House of Trade Unions in Odessa, Ukraine, a tragedy that resulted in the deaths of at least 42 people and more than 100 injured. Today there still is no justice in sight for the mourners of the victims. [read more]
Read the UNAC Blog
Proposed US Withdrawal from Syria
UNAC’s Statement reflects the various views of the member organizations which follow. Unity on this subject is a significant achievement!
- Veterans For Peace Statement on Withdrawal of U.S. Troops from Syria
- It’s About Time for the U.S. to Exit Syria and Afghanistan (Black Alliance for Peace)
- We Can End The US War On Syria (Popular Resistance)
- What’s behind U.S. Troop Withdrawals Announced for Syria and Afghanistan? (International Action Center)
- U.S. Peace Council Statement on Proposed Removal of US Troops from Syria
- Caitlin Johnstone talks about the distorted social context of Trump’s proposal
The War at Home
- Jeff Mackler & Rachel Wolkenstein celebrate (and explicate) the decision to allow Mumia to file new appeals
- Alice Loaiz looks at migration from Latin America as a consequence of devastating US interventions
- Nick Mottern looks at the military industrial complex turned against people everywhere through Artificial Intelligence and Cloud Storage
- Gary Porter looks at the history of GM as a capitalist instrument
- Jeff Mackler looks at the political and social context of this year’s announced GM Layoffs
- An open letter from The International Committee for Peace Justice and Dignity for the People signed by leaders in academia and activism
- In Defense of Humanity takes a stand for Venezuelan democracy and sovereignty (also taking signatures)
- Vincent Lapierre has been filming the Yellow Vests on the street with very interesting results
- Jonathan Cook shows that growing US popular support for a single democratic state in Israel is not reflected in government policy
- Kevin Zeese and Margaret Flowers look at Israeli racist policies towards Palestinians and interventions in US policy to camouflage the truth
The Naked Imperium
- Ann Garrison interviews George Szamuely on the growing tensions between Russia and NATO over Ukraine
- Daniel Lazare explores the chaotic and disjointed US-Saudi relationship
- Sara Flounders looks at the rising tensions between the US and China
- Sara Flounders explores the global repercussions of the US-Chinese trade war
Please donate to keep UNAC strong: https://www.unacpeace.org/donate.html
If your organization would like to join the UNAC coalition, please click here: Join